A public meeting to set up a Friends group for Mycenae Gardens (including the Woodland Dell) will be held in the Main Hall of the Steiner School, 90 Mycenae Road at 7.30 pm on Thursday 24th March. All are welcome
The purpose of the meeting is to approve a draft constitution for the Mycenae Gardens Friends Group proposed by the working party set up in January (see February WN) so that the Group can be formally set up. A draft constitution will be posted shortly on this site http://westcombe.blogspot.com/, (so bookmark this page!) and on the Notice Board of Mycenae House. It is also hoped that people willing to contribute to the work of the Friends, or who have proposals to suggest, will make themselves known at the meeting.
Among the decisions needed are
- Approval or amendment of the draft constitution, including the Group’s aims
- The name of the Group – the proposal is ‘Friends of Mycenae Gardens’
- What area should be covered – the proposal is the whole of ‘Mycenae House Gardens’, including the Woodlands Dell.
- Election of a Management Committee
The Management Committee would be responsible, inter alia for
- electing the Officers (Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, Liaison Officer &c.)
- Proposing the membership and fees structure for future years (there will be no membership fees in the first year, though donations would be appreciated)
- Working to promote and achieve the aims agreed at the meeting
It is hoped that as many people as possible will attend the meeting and join the Friends. Contributions would be very welcome not only in managing the Group but also directly in the maintenance and enhancement of the gardens. Volunteers on both administrative and practical aspects are urged to attend, register their interest and make their views known. Please tell your friends as well.
If you have suggestions to make or are willing to help, but cannot attend, please contact email@example.com or write to The Friends Group, Mycenae House, 90 Mycenae Road, SE3 7SE